Example thesis for computer science
- Answer the following questions in short phrases (not full sentences).
- Do not use periods / full stops (.) at the end or capital letters at the beginning of the phrases you write. You can see an example .
- Click the "Build a Thesis" button when you're finished.
- A window will pop open with your Built Thesis.
- Go back and adjust your answers to smooth out the thesis until it makes sense and expresses your beliefs. Clicking on the "Build a Thesis" button again will update your thesis to show your changes.
- Once you've got a thesis statement, use the Make an Online Outline button to generate the framework for your essay. (Would you like to see an example outline ?)
Let's get started!
What's the topic you want to write about?
What's your main opinion on this topic?
( Note: use the topic somewhere in this opinion statement and maybe the word "should")
What's the strongest argument supporting your opinion?
What's a second good argument that supports your opinion?
What's the main argument against your opinion?
What's a possible title for your Essay?
Once you are happy with your thesis statement,
you can crank out a quicky outline by clicking the button below.
Example 5: George Will writes, “Economic equality is good for the United States.”
1. Determine the type, purpose, and audience of your paper.
2. Ask a question, then make the answer your thesis statement.
3. Take a stance, then ensure that it is provable.
4. State it in two parts: a clear topic and a brief summary of what you will say.
5. Limit the thesis to one or two sentences.